Wednesday, July 6, 2011

10 Things I Hate About You Movie Review


A slightly above average teen comedy from the late 90s. THis was Heath Ledger's first American Film role, which started off a litany of films he would do up until his untimely death in 2008. But here we see him in his first role and I have to say it was actually good. He had a role to play and he did it well. Julia Stiles also played her role well. These two strong performances save this film from from being a forgettable generic teen comedy.

Personally I am a Heath Ledger fan so I am somewhat bias about the film. I enjoyed many of his performances as well as this one. The other characters are an array of your usua teen comedy characters played by Joseph Gordon Levitt, Andrew Keegan,Larisa Oleynik, and David Krumholtz. They all fit the roles they are given.

The plot is pretty simple but yet enjoyable. The plot is a modern day take of Shakespeare's "Taming of the Shrew". The film does have its comedic moments, a few times I bursted out laughing. An enjoyable film with descent performances overall and worth watching for
Heath Ledger fans. 3.3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment